Family Historians

Family History Research at LHSA

If your ancestor was a patient, nurse, doctor, or other hospital employee, we have a wide variety of records which may help you to find out more about your family.  Please use the menu on the right to narrow down your research.

What we can't help you with:

If you are looking for information about a former student, graduate or member of staff of Edinburgh University, please consult the Edinburgh University Archives.  However, if your ancestor was a Resident or member of staff at the Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh after graduation then we may be be able to add to the information the University Archives can provide for you.

If you are looking for an official Birth Certificate after 1906 or Death Certificate after 1956 you should contact the General Register Office for Scotland.  Prior to these dates, please consult the Scotland's People website.

Edinburgh University Archives

National Records of Scotland

Scotland's People