Royal Charter of the Royal Edinburgh Hospital
King George III granted a Royal Charter in 1807 establishing the Edinburgh Lunatic Asylum. The foundation stone of the original building was laid in 1809 and the first patient admitted in 1813. The charter is in latin and has the Great Seal of Scotland attached.
LHSA created 3 posters about the Charter in Summer 2009 in advance of the Hospital's bi-centenary celebrations:
University Library Online |
Designed by the Learning Technology Section, © The University of Edinburgh