LHB33  Rosslynlee Hospital

Collection Summary

Reference Code: GB239 LHB33
Title: Rosslynlee Hospital
Dates of Creation of Material: 1870-1989
Level of Description: Fonds
Extent and Medium of the Unit of Description: 17.5 shelf metres: bound volumes, papers


Name of creator(s): Rosslynlee Hospital
Administrative History: Known originally as the Midlothian and Peebles District Asylum, it opened in 1874 to serve the landward parishes of Edinburgh and Midlothian. It became known as Rosslynlee because of its proximity to the local railway station. In 1948 it became part of the Board of Management of the Royal Edinburgh Asylum and Associated Hospitals under the South Eastern Hospital Board.
Archival History: Records held within the National Health Service prior to transfer
Immediate Source of Acquisition or Transfer: Rosslynlee Hospital, January 1997


Scope and Content: Management 1870-1947; administration 1882-1975; patients (bound records) 1874-1989
Accruals: No further accessions are expected
System of Arrangement: Chronological within record class


Conditions Governing Access: Access is subject to the terms of the NHS records Management Code of Practice 2010, the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002
Conditions Governing Reproduction: Reproduction is subject to closure periods and physical condition
Language/Scripts of Material: English

Related Units of Description:
Royal Edinburgh and Associated Hospitals Board of Management (LHB14)
Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh Samaritan Society (GD2)
South Lothian District, Lothian Health Board (LHB28)

Archivists' Notes: Compiled by Mike Barfoot and Jenny McDermott using existing handlists
Rules or Conventions: Description based on ISAD(G): General International Standard Archival Description International Council on Archives (2nd edition), 2000
Date(s) of Description: May 2000; last updated August 2009.