LHB20  Knoll Maternity Hospital

Collection Summary

Reference Code: GB239 LHB20
Title: Knoll Maternity Hospital
Dates of Creation of Material: 1948
Level of Description: Fonds
Extent and Medium of the Unit of Description: 1 item: bound volume


Name of creator(s): Knoll Maternity Hospital
Administrative History: Originally run by the Berwickshire Nursing Association and in existence by 1938, Knoll served as a maternity home and centre for district nurses in the Eastern part of Berwickshire. In 1948 it became part of the Board of Management of East Lothian Hospitals under the South Eastern Regional Hospital Board. In 1955 it was transferred to the Board of Management of Borders Hospitals. Knoll remains open today as a GP and Acute Rehabilitation and Continuing Care Hospital.
Archival History: Records held within the National Health Service prior to transfer
Immediate Source of Acquisition or Transfer: Robert Wilson, Administrator, East Lothian Hospitals, October 1983


Scope and Content: Financial records 1948
Accruals: No further accessions are expected
System of Arrangement: Chronological within record class


Conditions Governing Access: Access is subject to the terms of the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002
Conditions Governing Reproduction: Reproduction is subject to closure periods and physical condition
Language/Scripts of Material: English

Related Units of Description:
East Lothian Hospitals Board of Management (LHB17)

Archivists' Notes: Compiled by Mike Barfoot and Jenny McDermott using existing handlists
Rules or Conventions: Description based on ISAD(G): General International Standard Archival Description International Council on Archives (2nd edition), 2000
Date(s) of Description: May 2000; last updated August 2009.