Lothian Hospital Histories
Alderston Convalescent Home
Alderston Convalescent Home was founded by the Scottish Rural Workers Friendly Society to serve its members throughout Scotland: the house was in existence in 1930.
On transfer to the National Health Service in 1948, the home became part of East Lothian Hospitals Board of Management of South Eastern Regional Hospital Board. It continued to function as a convalescent home, with a bed complement of 20, until the end of 1956 when it was turned into a nurses' home.
University Library Online |
Designed by the Learning Technology Section, © The University of Edinburgh