GD29  Edinburgh Clinical Club

Collection Summary


Reference Code: GB239 GD29
Title:  Edinburgh Clinical Club
Dates of Creation of Material: 1926-2008
Level of Description: Fonds
Extent and Medium of the Unit of Description:  54 items


Name of creator(s):  Edinburgh Clinical Club
Administrative History: The Edinburgh Clinical Club was founded in 1926. Its aims were to promote closer co-operation between General Practitioners and to afford opportunities of discussing medical and other questions specially affecting them. A committee was formed to carry out the administration. The Club amalgamated with the Medico-Chirurgical Society and held its last independent meeting in March 2008.
The collection consists of two accessions, one donated by the Club in 2001 and the other donated anonymously in 2009 in two folders.
Archival History:  Acc 01/08, Acc 09/07
Immediate Source of Acquisition or Transfer: Edinburgh Clinical club


Scope and Content:  minutes, 1926-2008; programmes, 1969-2008; lists of members, 1947-1976
Accruals: There are no further accruals expected.
System of Arrangement: Chronological within record series


Conditions Governing Access: Access is subject to the terms of the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002
Conditions Governing Reproduction: Reproduction is subject to closure periods and physical condition
Language/Scripts of Material: English

Archivists' Notes: Compiled by Alison Scott
Rules or Conventions: Description based on ISAD(G): General International Standard Archival Description International Council on Archives (2nd edition), 2000
Date(s) of Description: July 2010